Just about every photographer that I know and love – whether pro, semi-pro, or serious hobbyist – has done a 2014 photo montage. And so, without further ado and perhaps a different spin, here’s my 2014 in pictures.
On January 1, 2014 my life began anew!
Some background information
You see, I worked for the same company for 26 years. The first 15 years were very very good but the last 10 were very hard on my psyche. It all finally got to me and I needed to do something drastic. So, after praying and calculating and praying some more, in September 2013 I asked my manager to put me on the list of potential layoffs and my wish was granted in November. My last day was actually December 31, 2013.
Back to 2014
Due to the numerous places I traveled in 2014, a lot of my friends and coworkers thought I had retired but I still have a few more years to go before I’m eligible to receive a pension.
It was fun to make them all jealous with my travel exploits though…
- January in Phoenix, Arizona for the ImagingUSA photography conference
- January on Grand Cayman Island
- February on a Bahamas cruise
I learned to relax on the beaches and by the pools. Plus I managed to miss almost all of the snowstorms on the East Coast! And, of course, my stress was completely gone by this time.
- April in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana
- June in Atlanta, Georgia with family
- September in Las Vegas, Nevada for Photoshop World conference
- September in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for a job interview and to see friends
- October in Outer Banks, North Carolina with family
- October in upstate New York for fall colors
- November in New York City for PhotoPlus-PDN photography conference
Near the end of September, I accepted a job consulting in Scottsdale, Arizona. Basically, I’m doing the same I did on my old job just less stressful and in a different part of the country.
While, I’ve been enjoying learning about my new city: the restaurants, nearby activities, etc. I’m really intrigued by the region. Deserts and canyons – oh my!
Yes, I’ve been to the Grand Canyon twice from Las Vegas but another place has always been on my bucket list:
- December in Sedona, Arizona
I’ve had a wonderful 2014 and I’m so looking forward to having a better 2015!
Happy New Year to all!