Today is July 21, 2020. With more states and countries changing their Covid-19 travel restrictions, almost daily, here are some of the latest travel news, recommendations, and tips from SelfishMe Travel.
- Golf Resort of the Week: The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua on the island of Maui, Hawaii
- Golf Resort of the Week: Four Season Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas in Irving, Texas
- Golf Resort of Week: Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Bandon, Oregon
- Spa Resort of the Week: Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
- Winery Resort of the Week: The Allison Inn & Spa in Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Winery Resort of the Week: Belhurst Castle Winery Hotel & Spa in Finger Lakes, New York
- Winery Resort of the Week: Calistoga Ranch, Auberge Resorts Collection, in Napa Valley, California
- Will you need a coronavirus test to fly? Everything we know right now by The Points Guy.
- My recipe for Baked Bourbon & Beer BBQ Pork Ribs.
- Wine Pairings for your Backyard BBQ infographic from VinePair.
- World Rum Day 2020: Classic Cocktail Recipes and Smooth Sippers.
- Robb Report Culinary Masters 2020 event in San Diego, California October 16-18, 2020
- Tourism Cares Meaningful Travel Ambassador certification.
- The Bahamas has closed its borders to USA again, effective July 22, 2020.
- Jamaica now requires pre-tests from selected travellers, effective July 10, 2020.
- Hawaii extends quarantine until September 1, 2020.
- US, Canada and Mexico Extend Land Border Closings to August 21, 2020.
- Links to Covid-19 precautions & health procedures for all major US airlines, hotel chains, trains, and cruise lines can be found in our June 2020 Monthly Travel Round Up Report.
- Icelandair says it’s letting go of all its flight attendants and shifting their duties to the pilots.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Once Again Extends No Sail Order for Cruise Ships through September 30, 2020
- Holland America Line sells four ships.
- American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) released its Top 5 the “Safe Stay Guest Checklist” for guests on how to travel safely while also creating a standardized safety experience nationwide. All the major hotel chains have agreed to these protocols, including that all guests and staff are required to wear face coverings in all indoor public spaces and practice social distancing in all common areas.
- 40th Anniversary New York Wine Experience has been postponed to October 21-23, 2021.