August 2020 Monthly Travel Round Up Report of News, Recommendations and Tips
Today is August 26, 2020. With states and countries changing their Covid-19 travel restrictions, almost daily, here are some of the latest travel news, recommendations, and tips from SelfishMe Travel.
- Golf Resort of the Week: Omni La Costa Resort & Spa in Carlsbad, California
- Winery Resort of the Week: Auberge du Soleil, Auberge Resorts Collection, in Rutherford, California
- Winery Resort of the Week: Bernardus Lodge & Spa in Carmel Valley, California
- Luxury Spa Resort of the Month: Bungalows Key Largo, All-Inclusive Adults Only, in Key Largo, Florida
- Winery and Golf Resort of the Week: Château Élan in Braselton, Georgia
- Golf Resort of the Week: Edgewood Tahoe Resort in Stateline, Nevada
- CDC Traveler’s Health page.
- Our own Travelers Helpful Information page
- Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- Will you need a coronavirus test to fly? Everything we know right now by The Points Guy.
- The Government of Canada has a fabulous Potential Exposure to Covid-19 page for its citizens.
- How Dawn Dishwashing Liquid Saved This Traveler’s Butt!
- International Beer Day 2020: Drinking Abroad
- National Tequila Day 2020: Classic Cocktail Recipes and Smoother Sippers
- Robb Report Culinary Masters 2020 event in San Diego, California October 16-18, 2020
Travel Industry News
- State to State Travel Restrictions
- US State Dept advises Americans to reconsider Caribbean travel.
- Hawaii extends travel restrictions until October 1, 2020.
- US, Canada and Mexico Extend Land Border Closings to September 21, 2020.
- Links to Covid-19 precautions & health procedures for all major US airlines, hotel chains, trains, and cruise lines can be found in our June 2020 Monthly Travel Round Up Report.
- On July 16, 2020, the CDC extended the No Sail Order for Cruise Ships through September 30, 2020.